Medicaid Management Information System and Member Eligibility System IV&V Services
SLI is providing Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services for the South Carolina Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (RMMIS) and the Eligibility Enrollment and Member Management System (EEMMS) projects.
South Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) serves as the single state agency designated to administer the South Carolina Medicaid program in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and the State Plan for Medical Assistance. Healthy Connections, South Carolina’s Medicaid program provides medical care for the economically disadvantaged who meet state and federal eligibility requirements. SCDHHS is actively engaged in a complex multi-year effort to replace its aging Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). The scope and breadth of this endeavor is not without risk. As a means of risk mitigation, SCDHHS has engaged SLI to provide the following services:
- Perform independent review of major deliverables and processes
- Identify areas of risk to systems and schedules
- Identify deviations from plans or execution of those plans that jeopardize SCDHHS programs/projects
- Ensure findings are documented clearly so the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and SCDHHS can incorporate the findings in its decision-making process
- Recommend risk mitigation options and corrective actions