Maryland Medicaid System Upgrade Oversight with IV&V Services
SLI Government Solutions is providing Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) consulting services to ensure the quality and success of the Maryland MMIS Modular Transformation (MMT) Project for the Maryland Department of Health (MDH).
This Health & Human Services MMT Project will be upgrading the Medicaid Management Information system (MMIS). The project was initiated to move the Medicaid System from a monolithic to modular. The IV&V was awarded to SLI Government Solutions to perform oversight throughout the upgrade.
SLI is conducting the IV&V work in two part:
- PART 1 – SNAPSHOT – SLI’s work starts with the IV&V Project Kick-off Meeting and concludes when the Final Baseline Findings Report is delivered, and a presentation is made to the Agency. SLI conducts interviews, reviews documents, and analyzes the project in accordance with the Agency’s defined IV&V Objectives.
- PART 2 – ONGOING – During this phase, SLI reviews and evaluates all aspects of the project and specifically, Customer Relationship Management System (CRM), Medicaid Data Warehouse and Decision Support System, and Pharmacy Point-of-Sale Electronic Claims Management Services initial modules; provide analysis, feedback, and suggested improvements to ensure the quality and success of the project.
Unique to SLI Government Solutions is the proprietary ISO 9001:2015 certified Quality Management, Methods, and Models (SQM3) methodology and decades of health and human services experience to help ensure accuracy and overall best practices in transitions such as the Maryland MTT Project.
Scope of Service:
- Confirming and documenting the relevant MMT Project and Federal project objectives
- Documenting and reaching an agreement for IV&V review standards
- Tailoring procurement checklist(s) to ensure that the IV&V procurement review standards are incorporated.
- Confirming the project procurement strategy is consistent with the IV&V procurement review standards.
- Reviewing all proposals and contracts to ensuring the combined objectives are met and providing recommendations
- Verifying the evaluation criteria and the obligations of the vendor, sub-contractors, and external staff