Child Support Enforcement System Replacement IV&V Services for Nevada
SLI is providing semi-annual IV&V reviews of Nevada's Child Support Enforcement NVKIDS project. The SLI IV&V team is conducting reviews of the technical and functional aspects of the development effort. The results of these reviews are provided directly to OCSE at the same time they are delivered to the State's IV&V Contract Officer.
SLI’s contract is providing Nevada’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Welfare and Support Services (DWSS) and the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE) with assessments of the quality and risks associated with replacing the Nevada Operations of Multi-Automated Data System (known as NOMADS). NOMADS is a system based on outdated technology that is inflexible, costly to maintain, and difficult to modify.
Throughout the replacement project, SLI identifies high-risk areas early; provides State management and the Federal government an objective analysis to address system development issues and to make informed decisions; provides management with improved and objective visibility into the progress and quality of the development effort; and helps to reduce errors in delivered products and increase probability of project success. The assessments include verification and validation that project management, software development, training, and testing is done in such a manner that the delivered system meets the functional and technical requirements of the State and federal government. SLI’s IV&V team reports their findings and recommendations simultaneously to officials at the State of Nevada and OCSE providing completely independent assessments as well as transparency of the project’s health to all parties.
SLI’s IV&V Goals:
- Develop a project work plan.
- Review and make recommendations on both the management of the project and the technical aspects of the project.
- Consult with project stakeholders and assess the user involvement and buy-in regarding system functionality and the system’s ability to meet program needs.
- Conduct an analysis of past project performance sufficient to identify and make recommendations for improvement.
- Provide a risk management assessment and capacity planning services.
- Develop performance metrics which allow tracking of project completion against milestones set by the State.
SLI’s IV&V Objectives:
- Verification to assure that the system activities / results for each development step, including steps by other vendors and DWSS, conforms according to specifications and requirements.
- Validation to ensure that the developed system functionality will comply with the current and planned needs of the Child Support Enforcement Program (CSEP).
- Consulting services in support of the IV&V process and overall project efforts.